SIP Trunking (Session Initiation Protocol) is one of our two Hosted solutions, the other being a fully Hosted/VoIP telephone system.
What is SIP Trunking?
SIP Trunking is an onsite telephony solution that connects your existing voice telephone system to the Public Telephone Network (PSTN) using a data circuit and Voice over IP (VoIP). This replaces the legacy analogue or ISDN connections and creates reliable connectivity for all your voice, video and instant messaging communications.
- Retain your onsite PBX
- Keep your existing telephone hardware if required
- Take advantage of cloud features
- Enables Unified Communication
Why SIP Trunking?
SIP Trunking bridges the gap between what you already have and what’s to come. Preserve the features, numbers and call quality you already receive but add capability and exploit opportunities to future-proof your business.
- Reduce expenditure
- Easily manage communications between multiple sites
- ISDN Services are to be phased out in the UK by 2025 (customer migrations from ISDN to SIP trunking are already underway)
- Uses BT’s highly resilient and secure next-generation network.
Why Premier SIP Trunking Service?
We’re experts in SIP and have been supplying this service since the technology first existed. We’re already preparing for the ISDN switch-off despite having a few years before the network is no longer available.
As always, our SIP solution is backed up by outstanding Customer Service; including our UK Service Desk, National Field Engineering Team, Account Management, Bespoke Billing Solutions and Customer Training.
- Reduce your telephony costs
- Unified Communications, while retaining your existing telephone numbers
- Scale as your business grows
- Cost-effective monthly pricing
- Disaster Recovery can be set at a network level